Hey Jen!, a Lifestyle Blog by Jennifer Bruno

Hey Jen!

A Lifestyle Blog

Catching Up

By Monday, February 24, 2014 ,

It's been a while since I posted (I even missed a Five Things post - oops) so I thought I would catch you up on what's going on around here.

Two of my friends, Nell and Meg, had birthdays at the beginning of the month. They both turned 31 and as you can see from the picture above, they're both still fabulous! I love these two and if things work out with a few potential job options, I'm going to miss them when I leave Pensacola. But we've been friends since college and those friendships have survived me being in Chicago and Nell being in Alaska for several years so I'm pretty sure we could survive any distance. To celebrate their birthdays, we had a girl's day in Destin. Nell, Krystal and Meg picked me up from my place and we went straight to Fudruckers to meet up with Michelle (who lives in PC) and have lunch. After a bit of shopping we came back to my place for some cake and ice cream. It was definitely a fun day!

A few days ago, Nell and I went to Spanish Forte to find a Charming Charlie so she could get jewelry for a bachelorette party she's attending. While we were there, we discovered a place called Twist Cupcakes. You guys know I love my Oh Snap! but Twist was pretty good. We brought a few home for desert with Krystal and Austin that night.


Yesterday, after driving back from Foley with another friend, I blew a tire. We're lucky it didn't happen when we were driving down the highway at 55mph but none the less, it was still a major headache for us especially since it was pouring down rain when it happened. As it turned out, the other three tires were just past their tread and needed to be replaced too. So my car now has all new tires. I had it washed and detailed this afternoon so my "baby" is especially happy today.

Other highlights of the last two weeks include a sorority/fraternity philanthropy fundraising event at the UWF pool, a Lenny's Sub party from SGA for our work in the Marketing and Logistics Association, finding a shirt at Charlotte Russe that reminds me of my trip to Paris last summer (so ready to go back), and my first ever Jason's Deli experience.

'Till next time, folks!
Lenny's Subs gets Anna's thumb of approval
This could have been really bad...
Delish!
Seriously, how adorable is this?!
Le sigh.
Fun and games to benefit cancer research
Also, for those that are interested in these products, I'm going to be doing a review of the following:

1) Clarisonic Mia 2
2) Chanel Mousse Exfoliente Pureté Cleanser
3) Chanel Lotion Pureté Toner
4) Dior Capture XP Eye Cream

Look out for this review coming soon!




Also, don't forget to "like" Thoughts of Chic on Facebook!

You Might Also Like

0 comments