Hey Jen!, a Lifestyle Blog by Jennifer Bruno

Hey Jen!

A Lifestyle Blog

Jewelry Organization

By Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Through my youth, I was a bit of a tomboy. I wasn't very into makeup and I seldom wore jewelry. I had a couple rings I liked to wear and in college, I wore my sorority lavalier that was given to me by my "big". Other than that, I never wore much. But lately, I've been noticing a draw to all things girly, particularly jewelry. My favorite thing in the world right now is rose gold. I've never seen such a beautiful color.

So as you can imagine, with this newfound love of sparkle, I've been collecting a few pieces here and there. I have some old costume jewelry that I always kept in one of those small plastic boxes from Target. You know the ones with the drawers? When I started upping my jewelry game, I decided I needed something a little more "safe" for the nicer stuff. I found this adorable jewelry box at Target a few weeks ago and I mentioned it to my parents. Luckily for me, my parents are awesome and they surprised me with it for Christmas. I was so excited! I really wasn't expecting that. 

A few days ago, I organized it the way I want it. It isn't quite full so there's a bit of room to grow. In fact, the first drawer is completely empty. I added it to a necklace holder I already had and I bought a small silver Christmas plate (also from Target) to put my sunglasses on. Now, they sit all together on my bookshelf. After I get dressed in the morning, I walk right by it to grab a watch, a pair of sunglasses and any other jewelry for the day before heading out the door. It's perfect.




You Might Also Like

0 comments