Hey Jen!, a Lifestyle Blog by Jennifer Bruno

Hey Jen!

A Lifestyle Blog

On Set | Empire

By Sunday, September 13, 2015 , ,


A few weeks ago, the show Empire filmed a scene on the front steps of the Art Institute of Chicago Museum. I had to work that day and decided to go in early. When I walked up to the museum, there were people everywhere; cameramen, set decorators, script supervisors, actors, security, etc. Several passers-by tried to watch but security kept people moving pretty well. Lucky for me, I had a badge for the Art Institute so I was allowed to stay.

In the scene, Terrance Howard's character comes out of the "New York District Courthouse" (i.e. the AIC Museum entrance) and steals the reporters' attention from the lawyer for the opposing side. He then walks down the steps like a rockstar, leaving the lawyer irritated and the reporters running after him. When they were finished filming, the director allowed me to walk through the set in order to get to the museum entrance. I got the chance to speak with Terrance Howard (very briefly) before heading into work. All in all, it was an interesting morning!






















XOXO,


You Might Also Like

0 comments