Hey Jen!, a Lifestyle Blog by Jennifer Bruno

Hey Jen!

A Lifestyle Blog

Graduation & other Goings-On

By Saturday, May 31, 2014 ,

These last two months have been crazy busy. I had some of the most difficult final exams/projects in school that I've ever had so a lot of my time was spent taking care of those. But the good news is (drumroll, please) I graduated! I am now a two-time college graduate, this time with my Bachelor of Science degree in Economics! To celebrate, my parents threw a Cookout party for me. Everyone who attended was in some way instrumental in my earning this degree. Everything from spending late nights in study groups before an exam to just keeping me sane in the last two years, they all played an important part. I wouldn't have wanted to celebrate any other way.

I'm so glad school is over! It's such a weight lifted off my shoulders and I finally feel like I can move on with my life and get the things I want which of course means that now comes the fun part: finding a job. I've been spending a lot of time applying to every company I can think of. I'm looking to move back to a big city. Pensacola is nice but I'm a city girl. Always have been, always will be. So I've applied to jobs in Chicago, New York, L.A., Atlanta, D.C., and Boston. I'm determined to leave Pensacola and I would like to get as far North as I can. Not only do I need to be in a bigger city, I need weather. This "Florida life" just isn't for me. I miss snow and changing leaves. Chicago would be ideal. I know Chicago since I spent five years there before going back to school but honestly, any of these cities would be better than where I am now.

So that's what I'm working on, getting out of Pensacola. Nothing yet but my job search has only just begun. I'm confident that I'll find something soon!

Of course, that's not all that's been going on:

We saved Nika!
I toured the Pensacola Symphony Orchestra with the UWF College of Business.


Pensacola recently suffered a devastating flood. Luckily, my friends and family pulled out ok. But many families lost cars, homes, everything.
But Pensacola Tough is pulling through!



I've volunteered to help out my friend Jayer Williamson's campaign through this summer. Click here for more information!
We also worked on the pergola area at my parents' house.
Travis does incredible work!
I received my first Love with Food box and I love it! Click here if you'd like to try it out!
My dad picked up a Starbucks espresso machine. I've been saving a ton by making my own iced lattes! (Psst! Don't tell the barista but I think mine are better.)

Don't forget to like Thoughts of Chic on Facebook!

You Might Also Like

0 comments